Genos is the deuteragonist of the webcomic turned manga series, One Punch Man. He is always aiming to become stronger and fight for justice, and he is seeking to kill the rogue cyborg that killed his parents four years ago. He self-proclaimed himself as a disciple of Saitama in order to get stronger, leading to many adventures. Under the Hero Association, he goes by the name ‘Demon Cyborg’ and is an S-Class Rank 14.
He is of an earnest character and strives to become stronger, and frequently pesters Saitama to train him. But over time, he eventually mellows out while spending time with his mentor. He also has a certain degree of pride in himself and his abilities.
Power of Genos in One Punch Man–
As an S-Class Hero, he is a powerful opponent without a doubt. Before meeting Saitama, he had defeated many monsters and organizations. His entire body is covered in cybernetic enhancements, and his cybernetic arms are changed along with his progression.
- Immense Strength: Genos possesses an incredible amount of strength, which was enhanced by his cyborg physiology. During his fight with Sea King, he was able to execute a full-forced punch, which sent the monster flying through the roof of the safety shelter. Though Saitama is far stronger than him, he kept up with his casual punches after gaining the ‘Anti-Saitama‘ arms. His strength was also noted during his combat with Garou when the latter noted that his strength rivaled Tanktop Monster.
- Immense Speed and Reflexes: His agility makes him seem to appear teleporting. And he was also able to keep up with Speed-o-Sound Sonic, one of the fastest characters in the series, for a great amount of time in their combat. He was also able to keep up with Flashy Flash but only for a short while.
- Immense Endurance: He can keep on fighting with his one remaining arm. He was able to keep standing on his feet after several blows from Carnage Kabuto and was able to stay conscious even after using most of all the energy in his core. During fights, he doesn’t show any signs of physical fatigue, and his body being metallic, has a high tolerance to injuries and pain.
- Full Body Cyborg Enhancement: Genos’s entire body is made up of combat-ready prosthesis and cybernetics; this gives him an edge over the others in terms of strength and speed. He is also equipped with advanced sensors and huge amounts of weaponry.
- Core: Dr. Kuseno designed an orb, ‘Core,’ which is placed in his chest and powers all his cyborg parts. At the beginning of the series, Genos put his core into his shoulder to make his Incineration Cannons more powerful in Arms Mode.
- Armor and Replacement Parts: As a cyborg, he doesn’t feel pain like humans and can continue to fight even after losing his limbs or severely injured. But his body is cybernetic, can be repaired through replacement parts, and return back in perfect condition.
- Cyborg Leg: They are designed to support high-speed movements and are also equipped with shock-absorbing mechanisms. Rocket boosters were equipped with Super Fight Arc, which allows him to execute powerful kick attacks like Jet Drive Arrow.
- Incineration Cannons: Ports present in his palm allow him to fire large, powerful fire or plasmablasts for a remarkable distance. His cannons are also capable of destroying multi-story buildings; in the past, he obliterated the House of Evolution’s headquarter. This ability of Genos also allows him to use varying degrees of power. Arms Mode produces stronger blasts while Arms for Chores reduces his blasts to a warm breeze for drying dishes. In a variant of Incineration Cannons, Maximum Gauge Incineration Cannon, he uses more energy than usual.
- Sensors: His cyborg body contains several active and passive sensors; they are not perfect but allows him to scan for possible enemies.
- Boosters: Boosters located in his shoulders and elbows grants him a certain amount of flight and rapid acceleration. He can also do rapid and aerial maneuvers by using jet propulsions from his palms.
- Self-Destruct: His first attempt at using this ability was in a fight against Mosquito Girl, but Saitama stopped him. He can destroy himself along with his opponent if there is zero chance of winning.
- Rocket Punch: With the help of the boosters present inside his lower arm, he punches his opponent with great force, and after delivering the task, his arm is capable of retracting to its previous state.
Current Power Level-
After Super Fight Arc, he gained an improved version of Incineration Cannons, Spiral Incineration Cannons, which he used against Phoenix Man but was blocked by Elder Centipede. It was able to melt the inside of Elder Centipede but not end its life.
Later, he used a variant of the above-mentioned ability, True Spiral Incineration Cannons, against the fusion of Psykos and Orochi and completely nullified one of its strongest energy blasts, but it was a one-use attack.
He can produce lasers from his hand, arms, and shoulders, which bends and changes trajectory at his will. He used these lasers to destroy the leftover part of Orochi’s body. He is also sufficiently compatible with Drive Knight as he completed a Tactical Combination with him.
Genos is capable of firing energy beams powerful enough to destroy a giant meteor in one shot. He is also one of the most proficient fighters in the series and skilled enough in hand-to-hand combat to best Sonic and Sea King but can’t match other extremely skilled fighters like Bang and Garou.
In a fight between Genos and Sonic, the match would result in a draw, as stated by the series’s creator ONE, and he also stated that he is rather powerful even among the S-Class Heroes. He is oftentimes thought of as one of the weakest characters in the series, but in times he has proven why he is among the rank of S-Class Heroes and the reason behind the ‘Demon Cyborg‘ name.
Follow us on Twitter for more post-updates.