Last updated on January 28th, 2022 at 09:34 pm
Kaiju No. 8 is a Japanese Manga series written and illustrated by Naoya Matsumoto. It started serializing on Shonen Jump in July 2020. It has prevalent and surpassed 30 million views last year. Kaiju No. 8 follows the story of Kafka Hibino, who has a lifelong dream of joining the Defense Force who fight against the Monsters. However, due to a sudden turn of events, a small talking monster flies into his body, and Kafka ends up turning into a Kaiju himself. He later gets known as “Kaiju No. 8” by the Defense Force.
Soshiro Hoshona is the Vice-Captain of the third unit of the Defense Force. He was first introduced in Chapter 4 during the examination. He was appointed as the Selection Committee Chair. He is usually a cheerful guy with a great sense of humor. He is seen smiling most of the times. He can even say the most serious things with a straight face as if they are really very simple. He is also a very compassionate guy even though he doesn’t show it. When Kafka failed the test, he decided to take him on as a cadet in his platoon.
Power of Soshiro Hoshona in Kaiju No. 8-
Soshiro Hoshona is the second-most powerful guy in the Defense Force. He is very intelligent and can read into things very well. He was quick to figure out that there was a relation between the appearance of a high resilient monster with the increase in vitals of Kafka Hibino. Hoshona is also an excellent mentor as he guided the new recruits to the best of his abilities. He is highly skilled in battle and has a high amount of released force. He has great combat skills and he can take down almost any average monster easily.
- Insight: Soshiro Hoshona has great insight. He has an eye for things that people normally don’t see. What may be useless to others, can be precious to Hoshona. He sees things differently and this is what sets him off from others.
- High Release Force: Release Force is the amount of energy the members can extract from their defense suit. Hoshona can use a release force of 92% which is extremely high. Other than the commander herself, no one has even come close to Hoshona. This gives Hoshona a major advantage and an upper hand in his battles.
- High Speed: Vice-Commander Hoshona is extremely fast. He can move at lightning speed and cut through his opponents. This also allows him to dodge the attacks of opponents very swiftly and makes it harder for his opponents to dodge Hoshona’s attacks. His mobility is one of his major assets in battle.
- Unpredictable movement: Hoshona has an unique pattern of movement in battle. Combined with his ability to move at super speed it makes it impossible for the opponent to predict where the initial attack is coming from. As a result, Hoshona can charge directly towards an enemy and land a vital blow.
- Blade Cutting Techniques: Hoshona’s main weapon is a pair of blades which complements well with his mobility. It allows him to rapidly slash his enemies into pieces. He also has five forms of blade cutting techniques that he can use depending on the opponent.
- Commanding Skills: Hoshona has great on field command skills. He can co-ordinate his team well and give them the proper instructions needed to fight efficiently in a battle. He also leads by example and never backs out from a fight. He never puts his member’s lives in danger and is always ready to protect them.
We first got to see Hoshona’s combat abilities when he encountered Kafka Hibino in his monster form. He had a determined look on him which was totally different from his usual cheerful self. He had only one thing in his mind and that was to subjugate Kaiju No. 8. He attacked Hibino with his blade in a flash. Although Hibino dodged the first attack, he kept slashing with his blades and pushed Hibino back even further. Hoshona realized that he was no ordinary monster and he had to get serious. He used his Full Release Force of 92% and prepared to launch a deadly attack.
He threw his blades at Hibino which went through the top layer of his core. He used his unique movement pattern to get close to him. His speed baffled Hibino who agreed that Hoshona was even faster than Monster No. 9. After getting close, Hoshona used his blade cutting technique first form: Empty Strike. With that he was able to slice off one arm of Kaiju No. 8. He then decided to go all out and used his blade cutting technique fifth form. He almost managed to outwit Kaiju No. 8 with that attack but Hibino somehow blocked it and was able to escape.
Must Read-Power of Monster #9 in Kaiju No. 8 (Explained)
We were able to see another instance of Hoshona’s battle prowess when he took on the leader of Pterosaurs. Even though the leader was extremely powerful, Hoshona managed to dodge all of his attacks. No matter what the monster tried Hoshona managed to get away from it using his incredible speed. Even when the monster was able to land a blow on him, Hoshona managed to cut his arm off while defending the force of the attack. He managed all this even though he was not using his full release force.
Hoshona is definitely one of the major characters of Kaiju No. 8. He is far above the rest in terms of skill and is an excellent leader. He has been quite significant in the character development of Kafka Hibino and will probably play an even major role in the future. Hoshona can only get better from this level. It will be interesting to see if he can exceed his full release force of 92%.
Where to Read Kaiju No. 8-
The latest chapters of Kaiju No. 8 are officially available on Mangaplus Shueisha and Viz Media. Fans can also install the MangaPlus app from the Play Store to get free access to the series. We will be back with another article. Till then, stay tuned with us.
Follow us on Twitter for more post-updates
- Top 15 Hottest Male Characters in My Hero Academia(Ranked)
- Top 15 Most Handsome Male Characters in Black Clover(Ranked)
Life took a sudden turn for me when I finally decided to watch Kimi no nawa & Clannad. While both of them made me cry and introduced me to this vast world of anime. The Anime and Manga world is an escape for me from this complicated real world and serves as a relief. Being a content writer for OtakusNotes still feels like a dream and has been one of the best things to happen to me this year. It has been a productive distraction for me and I am loving every moment of it.