Nanatsu No Taizai is a fantasy manga series written and illustrated by Nakaba Suzuki. It was serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine from October 2012 to March 2020. The manga having been officially ended in March last year, the anime is still left behind.
The Demon King is the main antagonist of the series. He is the supreme ruler who commands the demon clan and the creator of The Ten Commandments. He is also the father of Meliodas and Zeldris. He has been in constant clash with the Supreme Deity for millions of years and is the villain of the penultimate arc.
Warning: Spoilers Ahead! This article endues major spoilers for anime watchers. Best to skip it for anime lovers.
Power of Demon King-
The Demon King didn’t become the ruler of the Demon Clan and the most powerful demon simply. He possesses immense amounts of power with just a fraction of it converted into the Ten Commandments. According to Meliodas, only the Supreme Deity is equivalent to the Demon King in terms of power. So Meliodas can’t be equal to him only by absorbing the Ten Commandments.
The Ruler is the Demon King’s strongest magic ability. It also goes by his own name. Using The Ruler he can invert all attacks sent towards him. All attacks and weaknesses get converted to healing and fortification. The effects of others’ powers are also completely reversed. When Ban tried to steal his energy by using Snatch he had to give his own to The Ruler. This ability also has a major drawback. Since this ability is based on the concept of magic inversion, any magic meant to increase his power will weaken him. However, he can easily counter this by deactivating his own power of inversion.
- Longevity: He seems to have an indefinite lifespan, unlike other demons.
- Immense Durability: He has great physical resilience and durability as we saw how he was unfazed by the Guruguru Wild attack.
- Immense Strength: He has massive levels of physical strength.
- Master Swordsman: He can easily wield his giant broadsword with great levels of agility and speed.
- High Intellect: He is quite calculating, intelligent, and can quickly analyze things.
- Tansoku no Kenjin (Sighing Sage): When he was in Meliodas’ body, he made a disembodied head out of his clawlike protrusions. It shoots out a blast of energy and destroys the area around it.
- Setsuna no Inja (Hermit of Moments): While in Meliodas’ body he made a full-body creature that was able to spin his sharp tendrils and attack his enemies with great speed. It can even surpass the swordsmanship of Zeldris.
- Gokumon-tou (Hell Gate Blade): While occupying Zeldris’ body he created a gigantic sword of darkness using his magic power.
- Beast of Darkness: While in Zeldris’ body he summoned a huge armed creature.
- Death Zero: He engulfs his opponents in his darkness and crushes them with tremendous pressure.
- The Ten Commandments: The Demon King divided his power in half and granted ten fractions of it to ten elite warriors. This placed a unique curse on whoever breaks a rule specific to each of them. It also increases the power of whoever is using them and if used by individuals other than the demon clan it turns them into demons as well.
- Curses: He is exceptional in the use of curses and is able to develop and cast highly unique yet powerful and durable spells. One of them is Perpetual Reincarnation that causes the person to reincarnate when they die and forget everything they did in their past lives.
- Nature Manipulation: The Demon King can control the elements. He can make a fog of death and manipulate fire and light to defeat all inhabitants of Belialuin.
- Manipulation Immunity: It offers an individual immunity against the possession and brainwashing powers of the Goddess Clan.
- Power Transference: The Demon King can transfer different powers to others. This also includes all the secret techniques of the demon clan.
- Unknown Telepathic Power: The Demon King can telepathically communicate with his representative even while being sealed in the Purgatory.
- Large Broadsword
Magic Level of Demon King-
- Demon King in Purgatory- Purgatory is a realm located in space between the living world and afterlife. It is a chaotic, endless, and hellish realm. After the Holy War ended the Demon King was imprisoned in Purgatory by the Goddesses. The Demon King’s magic level in his base form in the Purgatory was near up to 560,000.
- Demon King in Meliodas’ body- The Demon King saw Meliodas as a suitable vessel for him to possess and once again spread fear and death in Brittania. When Meliodas absorbed all the commandments and became a vessel for the Demon King, the Demon King’s magic level might rise to 660,000.
- Demon King in Zeldris’s body- After taking over Zeldris’ body and regaining his youth, his magic level began to increase in various forms. Demon King Zeldris(1st Form) had a magic level of 580,000 while Demon King Zeldris(2nd Form) had a magic level of near 630,000. Demon King Zeldris(Final Form) had the most magic level up to 750,000.
- Demon King possessing the Brittania land: After losing his hosts, the Demon King started infusing the Commandments into the surrounding plants, animals, and the environment. He then absorbed the land of Brittania taking the form of an enormous monster and his magic level rose to 800,000.
However, the Power/Magic Level of Demon King’s every form is not officially confirmed in the series. It is based on our personal analysis and research.
The Demon King is definitely one of the most powerful villains in the anime world. He is ruthless and ambitious. He is determined to increase his power level and surpass everyone even at the cost of his own sons. Due to his tremendous power and status as a king, he has a large sense of pride and confidence in himself. However, he is always willing to display his full power and ensure his victory. Nanatsu no Taizai manga can be read on private websites and the anime can be watched on Netflix.
Follow us on Twitter for more post updates.
- Most Powerful Members of Seven Deadly Sins Ranked
- Top 10 Strongest Demons in The Seven Deadly Sins Ranked
Life took a sudden turn for me when I finally decided to watch Kimi no nawa & Clannad. While both of them made me cry and introduced me to this vast world of anime. The Anime and Manga world is an escape for me from this complicated real world and serves as a relief. Being a content writer for OtakusNotes still feels like a dream and has been one of the best things to happen to me this year. It has been a productive distraction for me and I am loving every moment of it.