Teachers or “sensei” have always been a crucial part of shounen anime. Two of the greatest and most popular shounen teachers of all time are Kakashi Hatake from Naruto and Satoru Gojo from Jujutsu Kaisen.
When Naruto was still airing, Kakashi was one of the most beloved characters, sometimes his popularity even surpassing the protagonist and deuteragonist. Gojo, similarly, now holds the position of the most popular anime character who easily stole the thunder from the protagonist and deuteragonist of his anime.
But it’s not just popularity that Kakashi and Gojo share but also excellence. In Naruto, Kakashi is a prodigy who has demonstrated his powers and cool fighting style numerous times. In Jujutsu Kaisen though, Gojo is the irrefutable strongest jujutsu sorcerer. What happens when these two cool and brilliant teachers clash? Who will win the Gojo vs. Kakashi fight and why? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
Satoru Gojo: Powers and Abilities
The first contender in the Gojo vs. Kakashi fight is Satoru Gojo, a special-grade jujutsu sorcerer and the strongest sorcerer of modern times. He teaches the first-year students at Tokyo Jujutsu High and is one of the main characters of Jujutsu Kaisen.
Powers and Abilities
- Gojo is the only member of his clan to be born with two of their strongest Inherited Cursed Techniques: Six Eyes and Limitless.
- Six Eyes allows Gojo to perceive the world at the atomic level, cover a wider range of vision, and lessen his cursed energy consumption to the minimum, making sure that he never runs out of CE. This, in turn, also boosts his usage of Limitless.
- Limitless is the other CT Gojo inherited and the strongest CT introduced in the story. This CT works at an atomic level and has three forms: Infinity, Red, and Blue.
- Infinity is the neutral form of Limitless and Gojo’s most useful CT. Contrary to popular belief, Infinity isn’t a shield or doesn’t stop any attack from reaching Gojo. Rather, it creates an infinite number of checkposts between Gojo and the outside world. The attack from the outside gets slower at an infinite rate after entering the field of Infinity and thus, never reaches Gojo. He describes the mechanism of Infinity same as the principle of Achilles and the Tortoise.
- Cursed Technique Lapse: Blue is the attractive form of Limitless. It attracts any person or attack towards Gojo. He can also use this technique to teleport himself to a certain location.
- Cursed Technique Reversal: Red is the other form of Limitless. It has repulse property and can repulse any attack or person.
- By combining the Red and Blue techniques, Gojo creates a massive singularity that destroys everything at an atomic level. This technique is called Hollow Purple.
- Gojo’s Domain Expansion, Unlimited Void, creates a contained space and feeds his captured target an infinite amount of information in seconds, causing them to go catatonic.
- With the Reverse Cursed Technique, Gojo can heal himself and even regrow an amputated limb.
Kakashi Hatake: Powers and Abilities
The other contender is the wildly popular Kakashi Hatake, the Jonin instructor of Team 7. Thanks to his penchant for copying others’ jutsu with his Sharingan, he’s been nicknamed “Copy Ninja Kakashi” and “Kakashi of the Sharingan.”
Power and Abilities
- Kakashi is one of the most capable ninjas in the five nations and has countless jutsu under his belt. However, his ace in battle is the Sharingan.
- The Sharingan allows Kakashi to receive greater visual information and copy movement he sees with it. This, in turn, helps him to reproduce the hand seals of his opponents and copy any ninjutsu.
- The Sharingan also gives him access to the more powerful genjutsu.
- Kakashi has the Mangekyo Sharingan which is the elevated form of the Sharingan. He shares his Mangekyo Sharingan with Obito Uchiha, the original owner of the Sharingan. The Mangekyo Sharingan allows Kakashi to use Kamui and warp anything into the alternate dimension of Kamui.
- Kakashi’s chakra nature is Lightning Release. His signature technique is Chidori which is lightning chakra concentrated in his hand in high amounts.
- The superior form of Chidori is Raikiri or Lightning Cutter which is capable of cutting through lightning.
- Aside from his own lightning-based jutsu, Kakashi has access to numerous ninjutsu of various chakra natures.
- After receiving Sharingan in both eyes when Obito’s spirit inhabited his body, Kakashi could use long-range Kamui, Kamui Shuriken, and full-bodied Susanoo.
- Along with these, Kakashi can also use standard ninjutsu like the Shadow Clone Jujutsu, and even Minato’s invented Rasengan.
Gojo vs. Kakashi: Who Will Win and Why?
The problem with comparing two characters from different anime is the difference in power-scaling. Different anime have different power and power systems standards, making it hard to find a common ground to compare them. This also goes for Gojo vs. Kakashi. That’s why to find common ground, we’re going to assume that cursed energy and chakra are the same in this scenario.
Gojo and Kakashi’s fighting styles are very different and so are their powers. But they do share one similarity: their special eyes. Kakashi has a Mangekyo Sharingan who provides him with one of the most useful abilities in Naruto. Gojo, on the other hand, wields the Six Eyes that allow him to see everything at an atomic level.
In the Gojo vs. Kakashi fight, both the Six Eyes and the Sharingan would prove to be difficult for each opponent. But there are other aspects of the fight that can determine the winner. For example, speed and durability play crucial roles in a fight. Gojo and Kakashi are both very fast but the ninja’s speed exceeds that of the jujutsu sorcerer. However, it may not do Kakashi much good because no matter how fast he is, he can’t bypass Infinity to harm Gojo.
In the case of durability, Gojo has the upper hand. Kakashi has a high pain tolerance and is extremely durable in battle. However, he can easily get wiped out because of chakra deficiency after using his Sharingan for too long. He can only use Kamui three times a day and Raikiri four times a day.
In comparison, Gojo’s durability is extremely high. Thanks to the Six Eyes, he uses very little CE out of his already high resources, making sure that he never runs out of CE. He can use Domain Expansions multiple times a day, an almost impossible feat for jujutsu sorcerers. On top of that, he can heal himself and regenerate to a certain point with RCT.
The fight may be tough but ultimately Gojo’s chance of winning the Gojo vs. Kakashi fight is higher than the ninja. Now let’s dig deeper into the Gojo vs. Kakashi fight and see how certain elements of their powers play against each other:
Infinity vs. Kamui
The biggest challenge of fighting Gojo is his untouchability, thanks to his Infinity. Gojo is always coated with it and unless he wants to disable it, nothing can go past it. Kakashi also has a jutsu that allows him to warp time and space itself. With Kamui, he can transport anything or anyone, including himself, to an alternate dimension. Along with its expected results, Kamui also allows Kakashi intangibility for some time.
So, here we have an opponent who is untouchable and one who is intangible. Physical attacks are useless against them both. That is unless Kakashi finds a way to bypass Infinity and Gojo finds a way to bypass Kamui. One is harder than the other. The only way to bypass Infinity is by trapping Gojo inside a domain expansion which is impossible for Kakashi. However, bypassing Kamui is entirely possible and has been done plenty of times in Naruto.
Unlimited Void vs. Susanoo
But Kakashi has more than Kamui in his arsenal. He has Susanoo which is very dangerous but not inescapable, especially with Hollow Purple which is a singularity that destroys matter at an atomic level.
Gojo’s trump card in the Gojo vs. Kakashi fight can be his Domain Expansion: Unlimited Void. It is completely inescapable and impossible to shield from. If Kakashi is caught within the domain, the fight is over in a second. There is no way to counter a domain aside from another domain or attack it from the outside.
Six Eyes vs. Sharingan
Gojo and Kakashi both have very special eyes. Kakashi’s Sharingan allows him to see through and copy the movements of his opponent which will help him a lot in hand-to-hand combat. But he can’t use it to copy Gojo’s techniques, at least not to the full extent, because the full potential of Limitless can only be used when together with Six Eyes.
Aside from that, Gojo doesn’t use any hand seals to use his techniques, so copying them will be impossible for Kakashi anyway.
The Sharingan, on the other hand, gives Kakashi access to very powerful genjujtsu. But since the Six Eyes can see through matter at an atomic level, genjutsu will not work against him, and neither will jutsu like the Shadow Clone Technique.
So, as we see, Gojo vs. Kakashi may be a close and intense fight, but Gojo has the upper hand in this hypothetical battle. So, we declare Gojo as the winner of Gojo vs. Kakashi.
For more battle articles like this, check out Otakus’ Notes. We’ll be back with more soon.
Do small things with great love.
Follow us on Twitter for more post-updates.
Anamika loves words and stories and putting them to pages. She also loves anime, manga, books, movies and everything fantasy. She has been a fan of anime since childhood and her admiration for it only grew with years. Her passion for writing is even more elevated by writing about the things she loves.