When Boruto Two Blue Vortex Chapter 1 dropped, we also got to know the next Hokage of the Konoha village. Shikamaru Nara is the 8th Hokage now and probably the weakest in Konoha’s history.
We saw that he also fell prey to Eida’s charm and believes Boruto is the perpetrator. But, this could be a bluff on his side because he is brilliant and will notice something is amiss before anyone else.
However, he cares about the newer generation of Shinobis. We also know he cares a lot about the village’s future and has already had his fair share of battles in the main Naruto series.
He also took quick action when Code attacked Konoha. Shikamaru prioritized saving the people of his village from Code’s minions rather than focusing his attention on Boruto.
But will Shikamaru be able to repel Code and his minions without the help of Boruto? The answer might be mostly no, as he needs more power and resources to accomplish it.
Right now, when we haven’t seen Sasuke in Konaha village, it will only get more complicated for Shikamaru. However, he might think of a way out of this situation due to his outstanding wits and thinking capability.
Shikamaru Nara’s Skills and Abilities
But the fact remains that he is the weakest Hokage to date. Even though he does have a lot of experience and intellect to back him up, it will all be for nought when he faces a powerful foe.
When faced with more significant threats, Shikamaru cannot save the village alone. He has a lesser level of skills and abilities when compared to the previous Hokage. It also means that he has to work harder to save his village.
- His primary technique is the Shadow Imitation technique of the Nara clan.
- Using this, he can use his shadow to trap opponents’ shadows.
- Later, he could utilize his shadow as blades, increasing his offensive capabilities.
- Even though he needs to perform a few hand movements to unlock this, he gets better at using them later in the series.
- Later, he didn’t need hand symbols to control his shadow’s movements.
- It is also said that he has an intelligence of over 200.
- This was the primary reason he could win most of his fights, especially by outsmarting his opponents.
- He can also use Fire and Earth release spells, which immensely helped him in battle.
- Shikamaru’s ninjutsu skills are also good, with a score of 3/5.
As we can see, he doesn’t have too many attack or defense-focused spells. Thanks to his intelligence and extraordinary battle sense, he can hold out on his own during battles.
We are waiting to see if he is still the same old witty Shikamaru in the next few chapters. Nevertheless, he still has many powerful and capable people, like Kawaki and Mitsuri, who can help him.
After looking at everything, we can say that Shikamaru is the weakest Hokage of Konoha. Check out some of our other exciting and similar kinds of articles over here.
Do small things with great love.
Follow us on Twitter for more updates.
Eswar Keshav is an ardent anime fan for more than a decade. Along with this, he also has been following anime and manga updates for years. He is also enthusiastic and passionate when it comes to writing about his favorite things. Combining his love for writing and his love for anime and manga, his articles speak of his love for the genre.