We couldn’t describe One Piece in one word, but if we try, it would be ‘EPIC’. Everything about One Piece is just epic. The story is epic, the character arcs are epic, the manga sales are epic, popularity is epic, and many other things are epic. One Piece is a story about Luffy and his journey of becoming a pirate king. This story has been liked and admired around the world, and it shows. The epic saga has been going on since 1997 and is by far the best-selling manga around the world. With almost half a billion copies sold so far, One Piece has been leading the chats year in year out.
Not only the manga but the anime is also well received by the audience around the world. It is currently animated by Toei Animation, and each episode costing upwards of 92000$. Toei has been going all out in the current Wano arc.
And the brain behind this magnum opus is Erichi Oda. Oda sensei started to work in the mangaka industry at the age of 17. And in 1997, he began to write One Piece. As One Piece is a long story and has been going on for about 23 years as of now, it is easy to forget the characters and plan their roles becomes that much difficult. But Oda, also called Goda (God+Oda) by some, not only recalls and gives important roles to characters in the past but also writes characters in such a way that the reason for their actions is revealed 100’s of chapters down the road. The wold building with these immense numbers of characters is one of the reasons why One Piece is rated so well by the critiques.
Where to read One Piece Manga (Watch One Piece) Watch Order –
We will be mentioning the official sites where people can read/watch One Piece. Keep in mind that we won’t be mentioning any pirates sites, because here at otaku notes, we like to support only official websites as this will, in turn, help the artists, developers, animators, and all the others involved in creating and distributing the content. We also urge you to support the cause by using official sites only.
Where to Read One Piece Manga –
One Piece manga is released weekly on Sunday of every week. Right now, the latest chapter is 1009. This schedule is pretty consistent, and in the event of any break, the announcement is made on the last page of the previous manga usually.
Spoiler Alert !!! In chapter 1009 of One Piece named NARAKU, the Scabbards face Orochi and Cut his multiple heads with relative ease, and then the panel switches to the battle on the skull dome rooftop where Zoro, Luffy, Law, Kid, and Killer facing Big Mom and Kaido. Where the Yonkos together use a combo attack which Zoro stops with great difficulty, which surprises Kaido. Immediately after that, Luffy attempts an attack on Kaido, which he dodges. And Luffy asks whether Kaido dodge it because he was afraid of the damage the attack would have caused. After this, Kaido attacks Luffy with his club attack “Rag-Naraku”. During this time, Zeus is captured by Law and Kid, and then Zoro and Killer cut Prometheus into pieces. And also steal Napoleon and then push Big Mom over the edge, after which she starts to free fall into the sea and asks for help from Zeus.
The next chapter is set to release on April 11th. You can read the previous chapters, the current chapter, and the upcoming chapters on the following websites:
Viz Media and Managplus Shueisha are the official websites to read weekly manga and also volumes of the manga. If you want to read them on mobile, Shonen Jump is a great app. You can also buy hard copies on Amazon.
Where to Watch One Piece Anime –
The One Piece anime is also released weekly on Sunday every week. It is aired in Japan at 12:30 AM UTC on Sunday, and the subtitle version comes out at 2:00 AM UTC on the same day. The latest episode was 968, which aired on Sunday.
Spoiler Alert !!! In this episode, it is shown that Oden and Toki return to Wano as Toki falls sick. After dropping them off, Oden continues his journey with Roger. They, along with Roger’s crew, decode the information provided by the Road Poneglyphs. Using which they find the last island on grand line and unearth the secrets of the void century. Then Roger becomes pirate king, and White Beard is shown smiling after reading this news.
The next episode is expected to air on 11th April. Some websites air the episodes the same day they are released, and some of them air the entire season at once.
Websites like Viz Media, Crunchyroll, Funimation air the episodes the day they are released. At the same time, you can also watch One Piece on Netflix and Hulu, where they usually release entire seasons together.
One Piece Watch Order –
The best order to watch One Piece episodes is the order in which they are released. But there are some exciting One Piece movies which were released. Below we will provide the order in which one can watch those movies along with series.
East Blue Saga
- Romance Dawn Arc: Episodes 1-3
- Orange Town Arc: Episodes 4-8
- Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack!
- Syrup Village Arc: Episodes 9-18
- One Piece: The Movie
- Baratie Arc: Episodes 19-30
- Arlong Park Arc: Episodes 31-44
- Loguetown Arc: Episodes 45
- Buggy’s Crew Adventure Chronicles: Episodes 46-47
- Loguetown Arc Cont. : Episodes 48-53
- Clockwork Island Adventure
- One Piece TV Special: Adventure in the Ocean’s Navel
- Jango’s Dance Carnival
- Warship Island Arc: Episodes 54-61
- One Piece: Episode of East Blue: Luffy and His 4 Crewmates’ Big Adventure
- Reverse Mountain Arc: Episodes 62-63
- Whisky Peak Arc: Episodes 64-67
- Diary of Koby-Meppo: Episodes 68-69
- Little Garden Arc: Episodes 70-77
- Drum Island Arc: Episodes 78-91
- Dream Soccer King
- Arabasta Arc: Episodes 92-130
- The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta
- Chopper’s Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals
- Post-Arabasta Arc: 131-135
Sky Island Saga
- Goat IslandArc: Episodes 136-138
- Dead End Adventure
- The Cursed Holy Sword
- One Piece: Open Upon the Great Sea! A Father’s Huge, HUGE Dream
- Take Aim! The Pirate Baseball King
- Ruluka Island Arc: Episodes 139-143
- Jaya Arc: Episodes 144-152
- Skypiea Arc: Episodes 153-195
- One Piece: Episode of Sky Island
- G-8 Arc: Episodes 196-206
- Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island
- One Piece: Sky Island Saga
Water 7 Saga
- Long Ring Long Land Arc: Episodes 207-219
- One Piece: Protect! The Last Great Stage
- Oceans Dream Arc: Episodes 220-224
- Foxys Return Arc: Episodes 225-228
- Giant Mecha Soldier of Karakuri Castle
- Water 7 Arc: Episodes 229-263
- Enies Lobby Arc: Episodes 264-290, 293-302, 304-312
- Boss Luffy Historical Specials: Episodes 291-292, 303, 406-407
- Post-Enies Lobby Arc: Episodes 313-325
- Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom
Thriller Bark Saga
- Ice Hunter Arc: Episodes 326-335
- Chopper Man Special: Episode 336
- Thriller Bark Arc: Episodes 337-381
- Spa Island Arc: Episodes 382-384
Summit War Saga
- Little East Blue Arc: Episodes 426-429
- One Piece Film: Strong World
- Straw Hat Chase
- ONE PIECE 3D! Trap Coaster
- Romance Dawn Story
- Sabaody Archipelago Arc: Episodes 385-405
- Amazon Lily Arc: Episodes 408-417
- Straw Hats Separation Serial Arc: Episodes 418-421
- Impel Down Arc: Episodes 422-425
- Impel Down Arc Cont. : Episodes 430-452
- Straw Hats Separation Serial Arc Cont. : Episodes 453-456
- Marineford Arc: Episodes 457-489
- Post-War Arc: Episodes 490-491
- Toriko Crossover: Episode 492
- Post-War Arc Cont. : Episodes 493-516
Fish-Man Island Saga
- Return to Sabaody Arc: Episodes 517-522
- Episode of Nami: Tears of a Navigator and the Bonds of Friends
- Fish-Man Island Arc: Episodes 523-541
- Toriko Crossover: Episode 542
- Fish-Man Island Arc Cont. : Episodes 543-574
- Zs Ambition Arc: Episodes 575-578
- Glorious Island Part 1
- Glorious Island Part 2
- One Piece Film: Z
- Episode of Luffy: Adventure on Hand Island
- One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia
- Punk Hazard Arc: Episodes 579-589
- Toriko & Dragon Ball Crossover: Episode 590
- Punk Hazard Arc Cont. : Episodes 591-625
- Episode of Merry: The Tale of One More Friend
- Caesar Retrieval Arc: Episodes 626-628
- Dressrosa Arc: Episodes 629-746
- Episode of Sabo: The Three Brothers’ Bond – The Miraculous Reunion and the Inherited Will
Four Emperors Saga
- Silver Mine Arc: Episodes 747-750
- One Piece: Heart of Gold
- One Piece Film: Gold Episode 0
- One Piece Film: Gold
- Zou Arc: Episodes 751-779
- Marine Rookie Arc: Episodes 780-782
- Whole Cake Island Arc: Episodes 783-877
- Levely Arc: Episodes 878-889
- Wano Country Arc – Act 1 (890-916)
- Wano Country Arc – Act 2 (917-958)
- Anime 20th Anniversary special: Episode 907
- Wano Country Arc – Act 3 (Oden Kozuki Past) (959 onwards)
- Cidre Guild Arc: Episodes 895-896
- One Piece: Stampede
One Piece Plot –
22 years ago, a Pirate King named Gol D Roger was executed. But moments before his execution, the words he spoke caused excitement and uproar around the word. He revealed that his Treasure has been hidden at the end of the grand line. And this started the great pirate era. 12 Years after his execution, a young boy from east blue called Monkey D. Luffy pledged to set out to sea and become a pirate king. However, he ate devil fruit and lost his ability to swim. So he waited and trained himself for 10 more years and then set out to sea.
In his adventure, he wanted to gather some companions; initially, he had thought of about a 10 member crew. In which he particularly wanted a chef and a musician. Luffy often invites people to join his crew on a whim some times, they accept and sometimes, they don’t. However, he doesn’t force them to join his crew. He does nag when he wants them to join. People who join Luffy also have their own goals in this adventure, like Zoro wishing to become the best swordsman in the world, Nami wanting to draw the map of the entire world, Sanji hoping to find all blue and many others.
One Piece is not just a journey about pirates being pirates. It’s about friendship, companionship, adventure, and possibilities. One Piece also shows how there are different perspectives of one incident. And also how the firm, privileged, and influential individuals oppress the helpless. One Piece provides a significant level of reflection of the current world problems indirectly.
Follow us on Twitter for more post updates.