Dragon Balls fans have been super hyped since the awakening of Cell Max. It means we will soon see Beast Gohan in the Dragon Ball Super manga series. It was also one of the most hyped moments of the Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero movie.
Naturally, fans would be interested to know about the power level of Gohan’s new form. It looks fantastic and powerful, but can he hold off on his own when faced with other characters like Goku and Vegeta?
Fret not; we will have a detailed breakdown of Gohan’s power level and abilities. There are spoilers ahead for the manga series and the movie, so make sure that you are caught up with the series.
Table of Contents
Gohan’s All Transformations Ranked
These are Gohan’s forms and transformations, which have been introduced to us so far. We will rank all his forms in increasing power order for you to make it clear which forms of his rank are precisely at which level.
- Great Ape Form
- Unlock Potential
- Super Saiyan Form
- Super Saiyan Full Power
- Super Saiyan 2
- Great Saiyaman
- Potential Unleashed
- Potential Unleashed Super Saiyan
- Beast Gohan
Beast Gohan: Appearance
Beast Gohan’s form of Gohan was unleashed when he was enraged by what Cell Max did. Cell Max had killed Piccolo, which had angered Gohan so much that he unlocked his most potent form.
Beast form is a way bigger upgrade than his Potential Unleashed form. With his Potential Unleashed form, Gohan could only fight on par with Gamma 1 and was getting overpowered by Cell Max.
But, as soon as he entered his new form, he started overpowering Cell Max instead. He had easily managed to defeat Cell Max with his new power alone. It implies that the power upgrade between his recent form is so massive.
Skills and Abilities
- Masenko is Gohan’s signature ability taught to him by Piccolo.
- This attack releases a massive wave of energy and deals much damage.
- Gohan had also created various other iterations for this move in the series.
- He can also use Kamehameha, and it’s his second most proficient attack.
- It is another high-damage-dealing energy attack that overpowered Cell’s Kamehameha.
- He also copied the Special Beam Attack of Piccolo.
- Gohan used this in his battle against Cell Max and dealt more damage than Piccolo could, with his usage.
- It was stated that he could surpass Goku if he trained enough.
- Besides this, Gohan mainly focuses on his extraordinary raw strength to defeat opponents in battle.
- His speed, reflexes and durability are top-notch when he gains access to his Beast form.
- Gohan has endless dormant power inside him thanks to his dad being a Saiyan and an Earthling.
- It is purely up to him when he manages to unlock it.
Gohan’s power level has crossed 200,000 ever since he fought against the Ginyu force. It was said that his power had surpassed Perfect Cell’s, but he chose not to use it.
Beast Gohan in Dragon Ball is ranked in the top 10 or 15 most vital characters in the series. This showcases his power upgrade with this form and how he can go toe-to-toe with some of the strongest characters in the series.
- One of Goku’s main weaknesses is that he is very kind and rarely gets angry.
- This is why he couldn’t become more vital than Perfect Cell, even if he had the potential to do so at that time.
- He also slacks out on training and takes his powers lightly.
- Had he focused more on training instead, it was stated that he could even surpass Goku and Vegeta with this.
- This would easily make him the top 5 most robust characters of the series, but he never trained much.
- He is also very overconfident in his abilities, which is why he skips training.
Comparison With Other Saiyan Transformation
Now, we shall compare Beast Gohan with some of the other strong hitters of the series so far. We will compare him with Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, MUI Goku, and Ultra Ego Vegeta.
He doesn’t come close to anyone on this list in raw strength. All the other characters have almost God-like power, which makes the three of them stay leagues above when we look at their natural ability.
Beast Gohan’s raw attributes are good because he can hold off his own against other characters in the series. But, compared to Goku and Vegeta, who have been training for ages, he does not come close to them in power levels.
Broly has overwhelming raw attributes and stats in his Legendary Super Saiyan form and easily beats out a majority of the characters in the series when it comes to the battle of natural strength and power.
Even when we compare Beast Gohan’s speed and reflexes, he also loses out in this category; MUI Goku’s speed, reflexes and instinct are on a different dimension entirely, as he can act reflexively to any attack, effectively dodging all kinds of abilities.
Beast Gohan comes close to Ultra Ego Vegeta only in attack and offensive-focused abilities. However, he still cannot beat the attacks of the Legendary Super Saiyan Broly in this form.
Broly had destroyed Planet Shamo with only a single energy sphere. This shows the sheer raw power and destructive force of all of Broly’s abilities. Beast Gohan also doesn’t have any defensive skills he could speak of.
He has a good level of Durability, tanking a tremendous force punch from Cell Max, but it is nowhere comparable to Legendary Super Saiyan’s Durability and MUI Goku’s defensive capabilities.
Compared with their energy-focused abilities, Ultra Ego Vegeta still wins in this battle. Vegeta has access to a small part of the God of Destruction’s power, making him deadlier than most characters in the series.
This is only our short comparison of Beast Gohan in the Dragon Ball series. Check out our other article here for a more detailed and accurate comparison of Beast Gohan vs. MUI Goku vs. Ultra Vegeta Ego.
We also have a detailed comparison of Gohan’s forms vs. Broly, so check out that here if you’re interested.
Do small things with great love.
Follow us on Twitter for more post updates.
Eswar Keshav is an ardent anime fan for more than a decade. Along with this, he also has been following anime and manga updates for years. He is also enthusiastic and passionate when it comes to writing about his favorite things. Combining his love for writing and his love for anime and manga, his articles speak of his love for the genre.