Minato vs Naruto is versus battle, which had been going around for ages. They both were one of the most powerful Hokages, who were also powerful enough to control the Nine-tailed beast too.
So, we will be finally comparing both of them, in our article. In this article, we will be comparing Minato vs Naruto in their Hokage power, which means that Minato also has full use of the nine-tails beast.
Finally coming to the answer to this debate, Naruto is more favored to win this battle. For a more detailed comparison, make sure to read our article till the end.
Table of Contents
I. Minato Namikaze
Minato was the fourth Hokage of the Leaf Village and is extremely powerful. He is widely known as the most feared Konoha’s Yellow Flash. This nickname came from his extreme speed and his abilities.
He was also one of the youngest Hokages and had also died very early. He died in the battle against Nine-tails but still managed to save the village. Along with this, he was also successful in his attempt to seal the beast in his son, Naruto.
Powers & Abilities
- Minato learned to summon toads, from his master Jiraiya.
- He is also proficient in the nature transformations of wind, lightning, and fire.
- Minato can also use the advanced shadow clone technique.
- He was also the inventor of the highly powerful jutsu Rasengan.
- With his Flying Thunder God technique, he can teleport anywhere, he placed his mark.
- Even the Second Hokage had said that Minato’s technique was far superior to his own.
- This makes him one of the fastest Shinobis, in the Naruto series.
- He has special Kunai which he uses in battle and is also proficient in sealing spells.
- Minato was also able to tap into the Sage Mode and utilize it in battle.
- For a short time, he was also able to become the Jinchuriki of the nine-tails beast.
- Minato’s main weaknesses, are also one of his strengths.
- He is always quick to try and protect as many people as he wants.
- Sometimes in battle, this might prove to be fatal for him.
- He also takes a pretty long time, to absorb chakra and enter into the Sage Mode.
II. Naruto Uzumaki
Naruto Uzumaki is the famed protagonist of the Naruto series. Starting from the first chapter till the end of the manga, we saw his character grow throughout the series. Although he wasn’t as talented as others, he made up with his hard work.
Since we are comparing him to when he was Hokage, we will also be talking about his time in Boruto. It was in the Boruto series, we finally saw Naruto achieving even greater power and abilities, to protect his village.
And from the recent chapters, we can also say that Naruto is one of the strongest characters in the series so far. Add his strength with the power of nine-tails, and he is almost unstoppable in battle.
Powers & Abilities
- He has a massive amount of chakra, thanks to the help of nine-tails and his innate capacity.
- After the Shippuden series, he also received a specially modified arm.
- Throughout the series, we saw his various transformations, with the nine-tails.
- And also most recently, he was able to unlock his most powerful, Baryon mode.
- This mode vastly boosts all of Naruto’s raw stats and makes him way stronger.
- He was able to use the Shadow Clone technique, and could also use the summoning jutsu.
- Naruto was also able to develop his style of Rasengan.
- He kept modifying it, and strengthened it, over the years.
- Naruto was also most proficient in his Wind release forms.
- He was also able to unlock multiple forms of the Sage Mode, throughout the series.
- With his Six Paths Sage mode, he also gained proficiency over all elemental releases.
- Naruto is the same as Minato when it comes to their personalities.
- Both of them prioritize saving other people’s lives, over their own.
- He also cannot use his Baryon mode for long periods too.
- Other than this, he can use his Sage modes, but they are weaker than his Baryon mode.
III. Minato vs. Naruto: Strongest Hokage?
Coming to the main question of the hour, who is the strongest Hokage in a battle of Minato vs Naruto? Looking at everything so far, we can say that Naruto is the stronger Hokage of the two.
Naruto had better transformations, and stronger forms with nine-tails when compared to Minato. He also has better Sage mode transformations, and is way stronger than Minato, when it comes to a battle of transformations.
And now, with his Baryon mode, we can easily say that Naruto is stronger than Minato. Even if he can’t use this form endlessly, he is still very powerful, in this form.
1) Based on Strength
This is an easy win for Naruto. Despite Minato having better raw stats, Naruto makes up for it, later in the series. Naruto’s special transformations increase all of his raw strength, as well as other attributes.
And, his sage modes, increase his strength in the elemental release forms too. Naruto has a Minato beat, in these aspects too.
2) Based on Speed
This is also another win for Naruto. Minato can use his Jutsu to teleport to different places, but this has a lot more restraints. He cannot use this freely in battle, once his trick is revealed.
As for Naruto, he might also be able to catch up with Minato’s speed too. We saw how he was also able to dodge the lightning-fast attack of Killer Bee. And, this wasn’t also his peak form.
3) Based on Experience
This is another easy win for Naruto. Minato has lesser experience in battle, due to his untimely death. He died very early, and he fought lesser opponents than Naruto ever did.
Naruto has been even battling stronger opponents now, even after becoming a Hokage.
4) Based on Hand to Hand Combats
Both of them might be equally tied in this aspect. Both Minato and Naruto have shown that they are well-versed in hand-to-hand combat. They will give a hard time to each other, with their Sage mode transformations.
5) Based on Abilities
Finally coming to their abilities, we can say that Naruto is probably superior to Minato in this aspect too. Minato was very talented, and he didn’t need much training, to develop his abilities.
On the other hand, Naruto had been developing his abilities and skills, for years. This is how he managed to become one of the strongest characters in the series.
So, finally passing our verdict on the strongest Hokage between Minato vs Naruto, we can say that the latter will win. This is because Naruto can boost all of his physical and chakra abilities, with his multiple transformations.
This marks the end of our article on Minato vs Naruto. For more content regarding Naruto as well as other series, make sure to check some of our other posts here.
Do small things with great love.
Follow us on Twitter for more post updates.
Eswar Keshav is an ardent anime fan for more than a decade. Along with this, he also has been following anime and manga updates for years. He is also enthusiastic and passionate when it comes to writing about his favorite things. Combining his love for writing and his love for anime and manga, his articles speak of his love for the genre.