In the world of One Piece, there are three major players who are at odds to control the flow of the world: the World Government, the Emperors of the Sea, and the Revolutionary Army.
Each party has a different goal in mind. But as the end draws near, the clash among them begins with full force. In this article, we’ll be talking about the clash between two of these major players: the Marines and the Revolutionary Army. Here’s our take on the Revolutionary Army commanders vs. admirals debate.
Table of Contents
Who Are Revolutionary Army Commanders in One Piece?
The Revolutionary Army is a force of rebels led by Monkey D. Dragon, the world’s most wanted man. The goal of the Revolutionary Army is to stop the oppressive rule of the Celestial Dragons and the World Government who control the world as they wish and hide the truth from the common people.
Over the years, the Revolutionary Army has grown and turned into a formidable force whom the World Government fears. Their members have also increased, and currently, they have hundreds of willing fighters who share their goals.
As with every organization, there is a hierarchy of authority inside the Revolutionary Army. The leader is Dragon, and the second-in-command and the Chief of Staff is Sabo.
Under him, there are five commanders and their individual deputy commanders. Under them are the officers. Both Koala and Kuma are officers in the Revolutionary Army.
Aside from these, there are also many other members and associates of the Army. Currently, they are working to cause an uprising in nations to rebel against the World Government.
1) Emporio Ivankov (Commander of the G Army)
Devil Fruit: Horm-Horm Fruit
- The Paramecia-type Devil Fruit allows Ivankov to change someone from the inside by injecting hormones.
- The hormone can change many aspects of the affected, including sex, growth, skin pigment, stamina, and emotions.
- Ivankov can also inject himself with the hormone to make himself stronger for battles.
2) Belo Betty (Commander of the Eastern Army)
Devil Fruit: Pump-Pump Fruit
- Belo Betty’s Paramecia fruit allows her to encourage the people around her, allies and enemies alike, to fight by speaking motivational words.
- Her words increase the will and the physical strength of the affected.
3) Morley (Commander of the Western Army)
Devil Fruit: Push-Push Fruit
- Morley is a giant Okama who possesses immense physical strength.
- Her Paramecia fruit gives her the ability to manipulate the ground like clay. However, the ground retains its original weight and hardness.
- With this ability, she can move the ground to her will and move underground.
4) Karasu (Commander of the Northern Army)
Devil Fruit: Soot-Soot Fruit
- The Devil Fruit of Karasu lets him manifest and manipulate various shapes made of soot, including crows made of soot.
5) Lindbergh (Commander of the Southern Army)
Devil Fruit: NA
- As a cat Mink, Lindbergh can use Electro and generate high-voltage electricity.
- In the visible presence of the moon, he can transform into his more powerful Sulong form.
Who Are Admirals in One Piece?
The admirals are the greatest military weapons of the Marines. They are the second highest authoritative positions among the Marines, working under the Fleet Admiral. The exact number of admirals in the Marines is not fixed, but we have only seen two sets of three admirals, one before the time skip and one after.
After Sengoku retired, Akainu and Aokiji fought for seven nights and days for the position of Fleet Admiral on Punk Hazard until Aokiji lost and Akainu became the new Fleet Admiral of the Marines.
Not wanting to work under Akainu, Aokiji resigned from his position, leaving two vacant seats for the admiral position. Soon, Fujitora (Issho) and Ryokugyu (Aramaki) were promoted to the positions of admirals.
1) Kizaru / Borsalino
Devil Fruit: Glint-Glint Fruit
- The Glint-Glint Fruit is a Logia-type fruit that allows Kizaru to generate, manipulate and transform light at his will.
- Like all Logia, this fruit gives the user the ability to turn into light themselves, making them Light Human.
- The light of this fruit follows the properties of light, and can only move in straight lines, and through reflections.
- With this fruit, Kizaru can move at the speed of light.
2) Fujitora / Issho
Devil Fruit: Press-Press Fruit
- This Paramecia-type fruit can create and control the gravitation at the will of the user.
- The user can increase or decrease the gravitational force as they like.
- Using this fruit, Fujitora also summoned a meteorite from the sky.
3) Ryokugyu / Aramaki
Devil Fruit: Woods-Woods Fruit
- Eaten by Admiral Ryokugyu, the Woods-Woods Fruit is a Logic-type fruit that allows him to manifest, manipulate and transform the forest at his will, making him the Forest Human.
- Like every other Logia fruit, this also gives him the ability to transform himself into a walking forest.
- Aramaki can also use the roots of the vegetation to suck liquid from everything.
- He can also use the flying flower to fly.
Revolutionary Army Commanders vs. Admirals
Operating on opposite sides of the law, the biggest enemy of the Revolutionary Army is the Marines. Just as admirals are the greatest military weapons of the Marines, the commanders are the same for the Revolutionary Army.
They are bound to clash as the rebel forces have just declared war on the World Government.
The two forces momentarily collided in Marygeoise when the commanders invaded the Reverie convention to declare war on the World Government and rescue Bartholomew Kuma from the Celestial Dragons.
To save the Celestial Dragons, Marine admirals Fujitora and Ryokugyu fought against commanders Karasu and Morley. The fight was incomplete as both parties retreated to focus on their own goals.
Are Commanders More Powerful Than Admirals in One Piece?
The commanders of the Revolutionary Army are all extremely powerful in their own rights. Apart from Lindbergh, and the cat Mink, every commander owns a Devil Fruit power. However, the strongest of the army are undoubtedly Dragon and Sabo.
As for the admirals, little is needed to explain their strength. They are the strongest the Marines have to offer, and they have proved so numerous times.
Both the previous generation of admirals, consisting of Akainu, Aokiji, and Kizaru, and the new generation of Kizaru, Fujitora, and Ryokugyu are some of the strongest characters in One Piece.
During the Marineford War, Akainu briefly fought against Ivankov and defeated him pretty quickly. When the invasion on Reverie happened, Fujitora and Ryokugyu clashed against Karasu and Morley, and they appeared pretty on par.
However, that cannot be the true estimation of their power since the admirals couldn’t give their all to the fight due to being on Marygeoise. They had to repress most of their powers and even then, they were formidable opponents.
It’s pretty obvious that the admirals are indeed stronger than the Revolutionary Army commanders. That being said, the place of that fight could also affect the commanders since some fighters need a wider area to unleash their full strength. Yet, the admirals are the best bet on these commanders vs admirals discussion.
From our discussion earlier, we can safely conclude the answer to the Revolutionary Army commanders vs admirals debate. As we saw, the admirals are more powerful than the commanders. However, we don’t know if the same could be said about Sabo and Dragon.
The war between the Revolutionary Army and the World Government is approaching soon. One Piece manga is currently focusing on Sabo revealing the truth about what happened that fateful day on Reverie.
Do small things with great love.
Follow us on Twitter for more post updates.
Anamika loves words and stories and putting them to pages. She also loves anime, manga, books, movies and everything fantasy. She has been a fan of anime since childhood and her admiration for it only grew with years. Her passion for writing is even more elevated by writing about the things she loves.