As of Chapter 223, the battle between Gojo and Sukuna has finally begun. Before they get into the thick of the fighting, let us make an assessment of their individual strengths and weaknesses as well as the situation surrounding them to predict who will win in the Gojo vs Sukuna match.
For this assessment, we’ll be looking every time these two clashed and how their powers can work against each other. There are special circumstances in play, so let’s see who wins Gojo vs Sukuna.
Round 1: Gojo vs Sukuna (Episode 1)
Gojo and Sukuna fight briefly in Episode 1 after Yuji Itadori consumes Sukuna’s finger. Against 1 finger Sukuna, Gojo absolutely dominated the fight.
Round 2: Gojo vs Sukuna (Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 221 onwards)
After being freed from the Prison Realm, Gojo announces a battle against Sukuna on Christmas Eve, where he plans to kill both Sukuna and Kenjaku. Sukuna is equally looking forward to killing his biggest obstacle.
Their battle finally begins in Chapter 223, with Gojo initiating an attack and Sukuna taking the brunt of it. Things will only get more serious from now on.
- Sukuna has taken over Megumi Fushiguro’s body and has crushed his soul by killing Tsumiki.
- He also has total control over the Ten Shadows Technique.
- Gojo has hidden Sukuna’s last finger to delay Yuji’s execution indefinitely.
- Sukuna has killed Nanami, Gojo’s junior, and Tsumiki, the girl he’s known since she was a child. He is also responsible for cutting Inumaki’s arm in Shibuya.
Satoru Gojo is the strongest Jujutsu Sorcerer in the world, and the teacher of Yuji, Megumi and Nobara as well as the second and third-years.
Jujutsu Cursed Energy
Immense Cursed Energy. On top of that, thanks to the Six Eyes, his Cursed Techniques consume minimum Cursed Energy.
- Limitless: One of his inherited Innate Cursed Techniques. Thanks to Limitless, he can manipulate Cursed Energy on an atomic level.
- Infinity: The neutral state of Limitless. Infinity creates infinite numbers of virtual checkposts between Gojo and his surroundings, and operating on the principle of Achilles and the Tortoise, makes Gojo untouchable.
- Convergence Cursed Technique: Blue: This is one of Gojo’s Cursed Technique’s implemented by Limitless. This technique allows Gojo to attract the atoms of his surroundings to him similar to a black hole.
- Divergence Cursed Technique: Red: This is the direct opposite of Blue technique and it grants Gojo the ability to repel the atoms around him in a violently powerful fashion similar to the Big Bang.
- Hollow Purple: This technique is created by the amalgamation of the Red and Blue techniques. Hollow Purple creates a high-powered singularity that demolishes everything in its path. Aided by Utahime‘s Solo Solo Kinku, Gojo can increase his Cursed Energy output and launch Hollow Purple at its 200%.
- Reverse Cursed Technique: Gojo can also use Reverse Cursed Technique to heal. But unlike Shoko Ieiri whose Reverse Curse Technique can heal anybody, Gojo can only heal himself.
Unlimited Void manifests a contained space in which the victims are trapped and forced to take an infinite amount of knowledge and information, which renders them catatonic with the force and abundance of it.
- Gojo is the strongest Jujutsu Sorcerer in the world.
- He’s practically untouchable, meaning no attack can harm him.
- Gojo’s Six Eyes allows him to use minimum Cursed Energy for super strong Cursed Techniques, making sure that he never runs out of Cursed Energy.
- His domain expansion is one of the strongest and most intricately made, which means there’s little to no chance that any other domain could cancel Unlimited Void.
Gojo’s Infinity doesn’t work inside his domain, which makes him touchable and receptive to attacks.
Ryomen Sukuna is the strongest Cursed Spirit to ever exist. He’s known as the King of Curses. Sukuna currently possesses Megumi’s body and has a mysterious binding vow with Kenjaku.
Jujutsu Cursed Energy
Not only does Sukuna have a vast amount of Cursed Energy, he also has a precise control over their usage.
- Slashing Techniques: Sukuna primarily uses two separate slashing techniques as his Cursed Technique. One is Dismantle and the other is Cleave. With these slashing techniques, he can cut through anything repeatedly.
- Reverse Cursed Technique: He’s very proficient in Reverse Cursed Technique and can regenerate extremely fast. His healing prowess is greater than anyone in the series.
- Ten Shadows Technique: Sukuna can also use the Cursed Technique of his host. After taking control over Megumi, he can use Megumi’s Ten Shadows Technique and can summon all the Shikigami, including Mahoraga.
Sukana’s domain expansion is Malevolent Shrine and it is the most unique domain in the series. That’s because Malevolent Shrine doesn’t manifest a restricted space, instead increasing the diameter of the attack area to 200 meters. Sukuna can use his Cursed Technique on anyone within these 200 meters.
- The strongest Cursed Spirit in the world.
- Almost back to his full strength.
- Superfast regeneration.
- He can use his host’s Cursed Techniques and Cursed Energy.
If the host is strong enough in power and spirit, they can take their bodies back from Sukuna’s control.
Gojo vs. Sukuna: Who Will Win in Jujutsu Kaisen?
When it comes to Gojo or Sukuna, they are each other’s most equal match in a battle. They dominate the fight against anyone else. At the first glance, their fight seems pretty even, with Gojo using his Limitless and Infinity, and Sukuna countering his attacks with his skilled hand-to-hand combat and his cleaving techniques.
As for their domain expansions, it is difficult to predict which one will cancel which one out. Unlimited Void is one of the most intricate domains in the series, while Malevolent Shrine is sort of like a wild card with its barrierless nature and the binding vow.
But though we can’t predict the details of the fight, it’s safe to assume that Sukuna will have the upper hand in the battle. Not only can he use his own deadly Cursed Technique, he can also use Megumi’s Ten Shadows Technique which is said to be on the same level of Gojo’s Limitless, though not mastered yet.
But even without the Ten Shadows Technique in its whole potential, Sukuna can definitely make good use of it by summoning Mahoraga.
Another thing that tips the scale towards Sukuna is the fact that he was almost at his full strength by eating 19 fingers.
That means he’s nearly at his peak. During the golden age of Jujutsu, where almost every Jujutsu Sorcerer were one the level of Special Grades, Sukuna still defeated everyone and came to be known as the King of Curses.
At his 100%, he’s possibly the strongest character in the whole series. But even with 19 fingers, Sukuna will dominate his fight against Gojo.
The Gojo vs Sukuna battle finally begins in Chapter 223. It seems Gojo is planning on dominating the fight since the beginning. He comes with Ichiji, Gakuganji and Utahime, with each of them serving a purpose.
As Ichiji begins to construct a barrier, Utahime uses her Cursed Technique, Solo Solo Kinku which increases the Curesed Energy output of herself and others. Thanks to the technique, Gojo uses his Hollow Purple at its 200% strength, launching it towards Sukuna.
Due to Ichiji constructing the barrier, Sukuna doesn’t sense the huge amount of Cursed Energy coming his way until its too late. As he tries to stop the 200% Hollow Purple, his arm is severely wounded.
That’s when Gojo reminds Sukuna that he’s the contender in their battle, trying to challenge Gojo’s strongest position. Needless to say, Sukuna is angry and is sure to retaliate in the next chapter.
To conclude this Gojo vs Sukuna discussion, we’ll end by saying that judging by the odds, Sukuna has the highest possibility of winning this fight. But Gojo is not called the strongest for nothing.
He will be giving a tough competition. On top of that, the last of Sukuna’s finger is hidden by Gojo. We’ll have to see how that comes to play in their fight.
Read Jujutsu Kaisen manga on Manga Plus and Viz Media. And for updates and news on the series, follow Otakus’ Notes.
Follow us on Twitter for more post-updates.
Anamika loves words and stories and putting them to pages. She also loves anime, manga, books, movies and everything fantasy. She has been a fan of anime since childhood and her admiration for it only grew with years. Her passion for writing is even more elevated by writing about the things she loves.