In Jujutsu Kaisen, the world is full of cursed spirits who are born from the accumulated negative emotions of the people. It is the job of the Jujutsu Sorcerer to defeat those spirits and restore peace in the world. The sorcerers use Cursed Techniques, which is a manipulation of Cursed Energy into a certain pattern.
The story revolves around Yuji Itadori, who is plunged into the world of sorcerers and curses after he comes into contact with a cursed object. In order to save Megumi Fushiguro, he ate that cursed object that belonged to the Demon God Ryomen Sukuna and gained his powers. So, he joined the Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu High School and became a Jujutsu Sorcerer under the guidance of Satoru Gojo. During his training in being a Jujutsu Sorcerer, Satoru introduced Yuji to a First Grade Jujutsu Sorcerer named Nanami Kento.
Who is Nanami Kento?
Nanami is a former office worker and is always dressed in a business suit. He is a graduate of Jujutsu High and describes sorcerers to be idiots, and that working in an office was idiotic too, so he decided to pick the lesser of the two evils. With a ranking of Grade 1 Sorcerer, it is pretty obvious that Nanami is among the strongest Jujutsu Sorcerers. A special grade cursed spirit, Mahito considers him to be on a whole different level than other Jujutsu Sorcerers. Though not as strong as Satoru, Nanami is still a threat, according to Mahito.
Power of Nanami Kento in Jujutsu Kaisen- Cursed Power and Abilities:
The latest episode of the anime has only shown a glimpse of Nanami’s powers. However, in this post, we will discuss everything we need to know about his cursed powers and techniques.
Power of Nanami Kento: Swordsmanship –
Nanami uses a blunt sword for combat and is able to defeat the curses very proficiently. When he combines his sword with his Cursed Technique, he can cut through anything. He wields his blade with balanced striking and extreme precision. He exposes his target’s weak point with his cursed techniques and cuts through that. However, against stronger cursed spirits, he cuts them down by creating multiple weak points until he destroys them. He can also use his sword precision to avoid his enemies’ attacks.
Power of Nanami Kento: Black Flash –
It is a technique that immensely multiplies the user’s physical powers. It allows the user to create distortion in space when they apply cursed energy within 0.00001 seconds of a physical hit. When this technique is applied, the user’s curse energy changes to black color. This technique requires such incredible concentration that no Jujutsu Sorcerer can use it at will, not even Satoru. Nanami’s record is using this technique 4 times in a row, and he claims that he just got lucky.
Power of Nanami Kento: Binding Vows –
Overtime is Nanami’s signature Binding Vow with himself. He can limit a certain amount of cursed energy he can utilize during the time he is working for Jujutsu High. Once his normal shift ends and overtime hours begin, his cursed energy increases tremendously. Another binding vow he made with himself is Showing One’s Cards. It is one of the most common Binding Vows. By revealing how their cursed technique works, the user can maximize the output of cursed energy in their next attack.
Nanami Kento Cursed Techniques:
This is Nanami’s Innate Cursed Technique that divides his target with ten lines and forcibly creates weak spots at the ratio point of seven to three. Nanami can choose which part to divide, including his target’s head, torso, arms, and legs. He can also apply this technique to non-living objects.
This is literally one of Nanami’s coolest techniques. Collapse is an Expanded Cursed Technique that makes a very large weak point in Nanami’s surrounding environment and allows him to destroy it with just a single blow. In the manga, Nanami first used this technique after unleashing both his Binding Vows to trap Mahito in the underground tunnel by destroying it.
Nanami Kento Future Role:
Vs. Mahito Arc
- Nanami took Yuji under his wing as per Satoru’s request since he couldn’t teach Yuji for some time.
- Nanami comes into contact with Mahito. The two will fight and then get injured. However, Nanami will use his technique to injure Mahito’s legs and will retreat.
- The next day, Nanami and Yuji will fight against Mahito in an intense battle. Mahito will manage to escape from them. Nanami will try to cut off his escape route, but he will instead check up on injured Yuji and let Mahito escape.
Shibuya Incident Arc
- Nanami, along with Megumi and Takuma, will go to save the people who are being attacked by mutated humans.
- Later, Nanami will try to go alone and help Gojo, who had been sealed.
- Nanami will encounter Maki and Naobito on his way and joins up with them.
- The three will come across a cursed spirit, Dagon, and they will fight it. Dagon manages to trap them in his domain expansion and hits Nanami with his cursed technique. Toji Fushiguro will come through the portal and exorcised Dagon, which makes Nanami wonder whether Toji is on their side.
- Nanami and Jogo will clash and Nanami will easily lose.
- Nanami will then continue to fight the mutated humans despite his severe injuries. After defeating them, he will encounter Mahito.
- Nanami will see Yuji and tell him that he has got it from here, and then Mahito instantly kills him, leaving Yuji enraged.
That’s all there is to know about Nanami’s powers. Fans are highly anticipating the fight between Mahito and Nanami in the anime, and believe us; it’s going to be epic. So, let’s sit back and wait for more episodes. In the meantime, keep yourself updated with our website for more spoilers of Jujutsu Kaisen.
Follow us on Twitter for more updates.
- Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 132 Spoilers, Predictions, and Release Date
- Who will win Satoru Gojo or Ryomen Sukuna in Jujutsu Kaisen?
Engineering edified me dreams’ propelling. And being an Otaku, a superlative dream of mine engulfs experiencing anime to its deepest quintessence and inditing my perspective towards it. Ultimately, anime blogging carved a path towards my desire and made me stand up to you.