Ichigo, one of the strongest characters in Bleach put against Makima, is host to one of the most powerful demons in Chainsaw Man. Wouldn’t it be an interesting fight to take a look at both these characters pitted up against each other?
In a bout of Ichigo vs. Makima, the winner would undoubtedly be Ichigo, as he has superior raw stats and fighting capabilities than the latter.
Makima is one of the strongest individuals in the Chainsaw Man series, but that does not mean anything to Ichigo, who defeated the Almighty Yhwach and Immortal Aizen.
Later in this post, we will look at both of these characters’ abilities and powers in detail.
Table of Contents
Ichigo’s Powers & Abilities
Ichigo, one of the strongest characters in Bleach overall, possesses a powerful Shikai and a Bankai powerful enough to intimidate Yhwach. He has a vast quantity of Reiatsu and fighting ability, along with having increased intelligence in battle.
Ichigo is strong enough to level up mountains with just the shockwave of his strikes. He came on par with Aizen in raw strength during his Final Getsuga Tensho form.
Ichigo’s power is derived from his unique triple nature of Quincy, Hollow, and Shinigami in the whole series. He can channel power from his Quincy nature to funnel his Shinigami and Hollow forms, to become even more powerful than using only one nature at once.
Super speed, strength, durability, and increased reflexes are just his everyday life, faster than the speed of lightning and faster than the speed of light. His power is equal to or greater than the Captain and Zero Squad’s power levels.
- A large amount of Reiatsu and manipulation, which he puts effectively to use.
- True Shikai, which gets him two different swords, and he can unleash individual Getsuga Tensho from each.
- Getsuga Tensho, a crescent-shaped projectile that deals damage equivalent to Ichigo’s Reiatsu consumed.
- Getsuga Jujisho is an even larger and more powerful blast of energy from both of his blades combined.
- Blut Vene, a protective shield that increases his durability by a lot and even stops Yhwach’s attacks.
- Gran Ray Cero, a large blast of energy, destroys anything in its radius of blast instantly and can even warp through space.
- Super strength and increased durability, which lets him battle for a longer duration.
- Shunpo master, an expert hand-to-hand combatant, and a self-learned sword fighting technique.
Makima’s Power Level & Abilities
Makima’s sheer raw strength was powerful enough to send Denji into space with just a simple move of her. She can kill anyone with ease as long as she knows their name and that they are inferior to her.
She hosts a powerful devil inside of her, and with her experience, she drags out the most efficient usage of the devil’s power, which makes her an extremely powerful foe in battle.
The most threatening power of Makima should be her manipulating skills, through which she finds he way through most situations and blend in easily.
- Sheer raw strength and power are showcased numerous times.
- A simple move, Bang, in which he uses her fingers to shoot an invisible bullet that packs a punch, which kills Power instantly and sends Denji to space.
- Master manipulator, along with high intelligence, makes many situations work in her favor.
- She almost has a surplus of 126 million lives, which makes her nearly invincible. And to win, her opponents need to kill all of those innocent lives.
- Proficient with a sword and hand-to-hand combat and even easily ripped out the Chainsaw from Denji.
- She has the power to kill people from infinitely long distances with small hand gestures because of her force manipulation.
- Ability to kill people when she just prompts a random person to say the name of the person she wants dead. This kills both the target and the person who said the target’s name.
- She can communicate with animals and has a whole army of rats.
- Her domination ability lets her control and manipulates devils and humans alike, who are inferior to her.
Ichigo vs. Makima: Who is Stronger?
It is easy to perceive that Ichigo has the upper hand over Makima in powers as well as abilities. Makima is more durable and does show good strength, but that will be in vain as Ichigo is too much faster and stronger.
Makima has her 126 million lives to help her cheat death, but Ichigo can cut up all of the spare lives faster than Makima could realize.
Her techniques also might not be of much help, as she will be stripped of one of her instant kill techniques due to the lack of a shrine or a sacrifice in a one-on-one fight.
Ichigo, on the other hand, need not even use much of his power to start chipping away at Makima’s life and overpowering her in raw strength and speed.
1) Based on Strength
Ichigo easily wins this round, overpowering Aizen in raw strength in his Final Getsuga Tensho form. Aizen has some of the most powerful raw attributes, like strength and speed, in Bleach, and Ichigo came very close to stealing that position away.
Makima has proved her strength, killing Power in one shot and shooting Denji into space with a small gesture of her hand. She pulls this off effortlessly, and this is an invincible force, making it harder for the enemy to dodge or parry it.
But at the end of the day, it is for naught if she cannot hit Ichigo with his durability, fighting sense, and speed, and Ichigo end up being the winner.
2) Based on Speed
Another easy win for Ichigo, as he is faster than the speed of light and was easily able to avoid Lightning strikes. This also further elevates his reflexes and gives him more time to make rational decisions in a fight.
Makima should be way slower than Ichigo, and she did not show much of her ability with speed. She may not be able to even catch a glimpse of Ichigo’s speed and easily fall prey to all of his attacks.
This makes the battle almost one-sided as Ichigo moves faster than Makima can realize, killing her easily in an effective strike, which grants him a favorable position in their battle.
3) Based on Abilities
This might be a close call, but during a one-on-one fight, Ichigo wins due to Makima’s abilities being more situational-based. Some of Makima’s most powerful abilities are almost useless in a one-on-one fight, and she will have to end up relying on some of her other powers.
Factoring in this, we have Ichigo, on the other hand, who has a variety of abilities, to which he can either maintain a long-range or a short-range battle as he pleases.
This will be a major factor for Ichigo’s win during their fight, as Makima will only have a limited amount of attack patterns. It would be easy for Ichigo to analyze and get over them to best Makima.
4) Based on Durability
This is one of the areas where Makima trumps as killing her requires a pre-requisite of killing 126 million lives. She would be able to just push her death on some random person, and she would come back, rising to the battlefield.
Ichigo puts up a great shield Blut Vene, which can effectively heal him too, but that is nothing compared to Makima’s concept of having spare lives to cheat death.
Closing off the curtain on Ichigo vs. Makima, we can see how Ichigo is superior to Makima in many aspects and will be able to easily beat her in a one-on-one fight.
We will be concluding our article on Ichigo vs. Makima now that we have a winner decided after analyzing both the character’s powers and abilities.
Do small things with great love.
Follow us on Twitter for more post updates.
Eswar Keshav is an ardent anime fan for more than a decade. Along with this, he also has been following anime and manga updates for years. He is also enthusiastic and passionate when it comes to writing about his favorite things. Combining his love for writing and his love for anime and manga, his articles speak of his love for the genre.