The storyline of Jujutsu Kaisen is currently being ruled by none other than the King of Curses. Ever since he took over Megumi Fushiguro’s body in the Culling Game Arc, Sukuna has been proving himself to be the true owner of the strongest title. Currently, he’s to enter a battle against Yuji Itadori and Hiromi Higuruma. Here’s our prediction on the Sukuna vs. Yuji & Higuruma fight before it begins in the next chapter.
If we’re to see the Sukuna vs. Yuji & Higuruma battle objectively and predict a possible outcome, we need to look at their individual strengths and weaknesses. Sukuna is currently the strongest character in the series and there’s no one whose powers come even close to him. But anything can happen in a fight, and judging by Gege Akutami’s tendency for shocking twists in battles, we can never say for sure.
So, here are the powers, abilities, and weaknesses of the three parties in this fight: Sukuna, Yuji, and Higuruma respectively:
Table of Contents
Ryomen Sukuna is the primary antagonist of Jujutsu Kaisen. He was introduced at the beginning of the story and has been playing a crucial role throughout the story. Once a jujutsu sorcerer, Sukuna eventually became a fearsome curse after mercilessly ingesting human flesh and achieving unbelievable power.
Because of his unmatched power, he is known as the King of Curses. As a curse, Sukuna possesses four arms and two mouths. Because of this, he was also called Two-Faced Spectre. In the Heian period, from which time he originally belonged, he was the strongest all around. He reclaimed the same title in the current timeline when he defeated and killed Satoru Gojo, the strongest of modern times.
After killing Gojo and during his fight against Hajime Kashimo, Sukuna regains his true form after using both Yuji and Megumi Fushiguro as his vessels throughout the story respectively.
Powers and Abilities
- As the strongest character in the series, it’s needless to say that Sukuna possesses a great amount of power. He has an immense amount of Cursed Energy as well as the fineness and skill to use it effectively. The name of his Innate Cursed Technique has never been revealed; it is some kind of powerful slashing technique that can cut through buildings and even the very ground itself.
- Sukuna uses his Cursed Technique primarily through a number of techniques. His most used technique is Dismantle which slashes everything in its path. Sukuna can control the power of Dismantle, using it to just slash an opponent and even slice through the ground at his will.
- Some other techniques he uses include Cleave and Spiderweb. Cleave acts just like Dismantle but with greater intensity and Spiderweb covers a large amount of area to cut through.
- Sukuna has also displayed the ability to use an unnamed yet very powerful fire-based Cursed Technique. He uses this against Jogo in the Shibuya Incident Arc.
- During his fight against Gojo, Sukuna used Piercing Blood which is the Inherited Cursed Technique of the Kamo Clan and is used by both Noritoshi Kamo and Choso.
- A jujutsu sorcerer’s greatest strength is their Domain Expansion. Sukuna’s domain, Malevolent Shrine, is one of the strongest domains in the series, its power comparable only to Gojo’s Unlimited Void. Malevolent Shrine is a unique domain that has no barrier, instead, its range of attack is increased to 200 meters. Sukuna can increase the attack range or the intensity of the Cursed Technique inside the Malevolent Shrine if he sacrifices the sure-hit effect of the domain.
- He can also easily heal himself and replenish his used Cursed Energy with the Reverse Cursed Technique.
- Sukuna has currently regained his true form and this makes every attack of his all the more powerful. In short, his power has increased severalfold with him getting his true body back.
- Since Sukuna has regained his true body, it’s unknown whether he can use the Ten Shadows Technique any longer. Otherwise, he has no known weakness against opponents like Yuji and Higuruma.
Yuji Itadori is the protagonist of Jujutsu Kaisen. He lived his life as a normal human until his fateful meeting with Megumi which led him to ingest one of Sukuna’s fingers, becoming the host of the King of Curses. As a result, he is under a death sentence, the time of which is only postponed by the condition that he’ll ingest all of Sukuna’s fingers and then will be executed promptly.
Over the course of the story, Yuji eats more of Sukuna’s fingers, unaware of Sukuna’s plans. He finally ceases being Sukuna’s host when the curse possesses Megumi’s body instead. It’s also revealed that Yuji’s superhuman physical prowess comes from him being a Death Painting.
Sometime before his birth, Kenjaku took over his mother, Kaori’s body, and later gave birth to Yuji. This makes him a brother of Choso and his brothers.
Powers and Abilities
- Yuji’s true power comes from his superhuman physical prowess. He’s not only exceedingly strong but is also extraordinarily durable and agile. His mastery over martial arts and his innate physical powers make him almost impossible to match in hand-to-hand combat.
- Yuji doesn’t have a Cursed Technique yet. His jujutsu sorcery comes from his manipulation of his Cursed Energy. He possesses a great deal of it and can channel it into his fist to use Divergent Fist.
- Yuji is one of the few characters to use Black Flash and one of the very few characters to do it four times in a row.
- His biggest weakness is his lack of a Cursed Technique. This makes him completely vulnerable to domains as he has no means to counter his opponent’s Domain Expansion.
The Culling Game Arc introduced many important characters in the series and Hiromi Higuruma is one of the best of them. He was an ordinary human lawyer who was given Cursed Energy thanks to Kenjaku. Already losing faith in the judiciary system and mankind in general, Higuruma honed his Cursed Energy and became a fearsome jujutsu sorcerer in a short time.
By the time Yuji fought him, he’d exorcized many curses and killed around twenty curse users who came to fight him. His skill had developed to the point of a Grade 1 jujutsu sorcerer which makes him a genius not only by human standards but by jujutsu sorcerer standards too.
After his battle against Yuji, Higuruma regained his belief in mankind and helping the weak. He’s currently an important ally of the heroes and is about to enter a fight against Sukuna alongside Yuji.
Powers and Abilities
- Thanks to Kenjaku’s scheme, Higuruma possesses a great deal of Cursed Energy, though he is not comparable to the likes of Sukuna, Gojo, and even Megumi.
- He has an unnamed Cursed Technique which allows him to conjure a Shikigami called the Judgeman. The role of the Shikigami is to participate in Higuruma’s Domain Expansion and act as the judge of the trial.
- Higuruma’s primary mode of offense is his domain: Deadly Sentencing. The domain conjures a trial between Higuruma and his opponent where he acts as the prosecutor, trying to get his opponent convicted by convincing Judgeman of their crimes. Once the Judgeman decides the opponent is guilty, they are punished by having their Cursed Energy sealed for a time, leaving them vulnerable.
- Despite being a lawyer, Higuruma is very proficient in hand-to-hand combat, even to the point of driving Yuji to the corner. He uses a gavel-shaped cursed tool to aid him in combat.
- Higuruma’s entire power is based on whether or not he can convince the Judgeman of his opponent’s crimes. If he fails to do so, his opponent will go unpunished.
- His opponent can even ask for a retrial even after being convicted. Yuji saved himself during their fight by doing just that. And this shows how inconvenient Higuruma’s domain can actually be.
- It’s unknown what happens if Higuruma captures more than one person inside his domain.
- If Higuruma cannot match his opponent in hand-to-hand combat, then he can still lose even after sealing his opponent’s Cursed Energy.
Sukuna vs. Yuji & Higuruma
Now that we’ve seen the individual strengths and weaknesses of all three parties engaged in the Sukuna vs. Yuji & Higuruma battle, we’ll get into the fighting part of it. At first glance, it’s pretty clear that Yuji and Higuruma stand no chance against a force such as Sukuna.
Sukuna has stronger Cursed Techniques and a Domain Expansion to which both Yuji and Higuruma are completely vulnerable. Yuji doesn’t have a domain and Higuruma’s Deadly Sentencing doesn’t stand a single chance against Malevolent Shrine. If Sukuna opens his domain, the fight ends right then and there.
However, it’s unlikely that Sukuna will do so. He has no need to resort to opening his domain when both Yuji and Higuruma are so much weaker than him. Higuruma can do nothing without his domain and Yuji’s hand-to-hand combat and Black Flash won’t be very effective against Sukuna.
So, the answer looks clear enough. Sukuna will completely destroy the two of them within seconds of their fight. But if that were to happen, what is the need for a Sukuna vs. Yuji & Higuruma fight anyway? It would’ve made more sense if Yuta Okkotsu and Maki Zenin were to fight Sukuna instead since they are the strongest from the hero side after Gojo’s death.
The fact that there is a Sukuna vs. Yuji & Higuruma fight is evidence enough that some twist is to come that can prove to put Sukuna at a disadvantage, even if only for a little while. The most expected and most intriguing twist would be the reveal of Yuji’s Cursed Technique. Given Yuji’s identity as a Death Painting and the son of Kenjaku, he can possess some extraordinarily powerful Cursed Technique that can counter Sukuna.
So, for now, future events cannot be predicted correctly even if Sukuna is pretty much guaranteed to win.
We’ll conclude this Sukuna vs. Yuji and Higuruma discussion by reiterating our previous point. Sukuna is overwhelmingly more powerful than his opponents and guaranteed to win this fight. But the difficulty of the fight can change by some future twists.
Here ends our discussion. We’ll get to know more about the Sukuna vs. Yuji & Higuruma fight when Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 239 is released. Otakus’ Notes will soon bring you the spoilers and raw scans of the upcoming chapter, so don’t forget to stay tuned with us.
Do small things with great love.
Follow us on Twitter for more post updates.
Anamika loves words and stories and putting them to pages. She also loves anime, manga, books, movies and everything fantasy. She has been a fan of anime since childhood and her admiration for it only grew with years. Her passion for writing is even more elevated by writing about the things she loves.